Sudden VPN issues

Dappnode has been running for months but suddenly I can’t open the UI. When connecting to the VPN it fails. When I open to get a new VPN file I open it in several browsers and they all say, “error decoding encrypted data. Error decoding key from base64. invalid encoding.”

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Are you able to open while connected to the DAppNode WiFi hotspot?

Do you know of any changes in your local network, router config or ISP config that may have interfered with the DAppNode?

Do you have a screenshot? Does the error message say something more or that’s everything?

What hardware are you running DAppNode on?

I am not sure what you mean by dappnode wifi hospot.

I have not made any changes to the router config. I checked that and it appears to be the same.

That is the exact quote of the error message.

NUC8i5 custom built.

NUCs usually can create their own network, acting as a hot-spot. In the DAppNode pre-installed NUCs we sell you can always access the DAppNode UI if you connect your laptop to the DAppNode WiFi, as show here. You should be able to do the same.

I didn’t buy one, I used the software and made it myself but I don’t see any dappnode wifi available.

If you connect to your DappNode through ssh, what does dappnode_status return if you try that command in the terminal?

I don’t know how to do that.

So I assume you have installed DAppNonde on a machine on your own, if you are not able to connect to your DAppNode anymore there are two different ways you can reach back your DAppNode:

1. Plug a monitor and a keyboar and mouse to your machine
  2. Connect via ssh, if you do not know how to do that follow this guide

Once you reach your DAppNode, I recommend you to update your DAppNode to the latest version and reboot, to do that you just need to paste a command in the terminal, the documentation to do that can be found here:
wget -qO - https://installer.dappnode.io | sudo UPDATE=true bash

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.