Optimistic block production due to RPC error

Hi everyone!

I need help to get my mainnet validators running again. I do not know for sure the root cause, but I can start with what happened:
After a normal restart of my DAppNode Extreme, my UI told me I needed to re-open the ports / enable UPnP again. I do not know why they closed in the first place, but I got UPnP enabled again and a consecutive “no NAT loopback” message appeared which persists until today. Since I get access via my own WIFI, this is not a real issue for me.

However, the following is troubling me:
Since then, my Geth client does not sync, my prysm client does.
My web3signer logs report this:

But looking at my prysm logs, the following messages appear:
My validators say my node is producing optimistic blocks due to a rpc error and therefore cannot request validation requests:

My beacon chain node shows the following:

My geth client seems to be waiting for the right prysm inputs, because now the beacon chain backfill keeps failing:

I hope I provided enough info, I am greatful for any help!

Before filing a new topic, please provide the following information.

Core DAppNode Packages versions

• bind.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.6
  • core.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.64
  • dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.59, commit: 26522964
  • https.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.1.4
  • ipfs.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.18
  • vpn.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.8, commit: f9a8743e
  • wifi.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.8

System info

• dockerComposeVersion: 1.25.5
  • dockerServerVersion: 19.03.8
  • dockerCliVersion: 19.03.8
  • versionCodename: bullseye
  • architecture: amd64
  • kernel: 5.9.0-1-amd64
  • Disk usage: 50%

UPDATE:
For those interested, I solved the mystery myself. As I already assumed, I am a terrible analyser and thought the mistake to lay in the Prysm client, but actually it turned out to be Geth. Web3signer and internet is working fine as well. I completely discarded Geth and its files, then reinstalled from scratch. 1 Day of waiting and now I am validating again.

Once again, thank you DAppNode for making this a reality!

1 Like

Thank you for posting your follow up with the solution. I’ve been experiencing some similar “weird” (for lack of a better, or more technical term) network or connectivity issues / errors that I’ve struggled to troubleshoot on my own.

I was afraid of just starting to blow things away, but might attempt your path if i’m still unable to make any progress. Glad you’re back in business. Stay safe.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.