Installing on NUC8i7HNK with 2 SSD

Hello, I got my own equipment, but all the same that you guys sell and I’m wondering about the RAID? Is there any bios settings I need to change? I can’t get past partitioning because it says I have 2 disks… Do I just install on one?

Hi @ggwill0, and welcome to our community forum!! :upside_down_face: :cool:

I’m afraid we at the team have not played around with setting RAID partitions.

Maybe some hardware enthusiast here like @luis , who uses unRAID, and @rbrogan who set a RAID 0 may advice on this if they are soooo kind :blush: :wink:

I read the dappnode extreme specs and it classifies that it comes with two 2 TB SSD. So how does it work in the pre-built machines?

1 Like

i also have two SSDs. i partitioned one of them in the setup and i can see the root, boot and efi in the /etc/fstab file for that NVME.

EDIT: i was able to partition the other SSD without hurting the main disk using pcreate, vgcreate and lvcreate. i can now mount it and use it for storage. i might use it to hold my geth block database

It would be REALLY helpful if the installation instructions included setup for optional software raid and LVM configuration. I also have two SSDs and would like to run RAID 1 but am completely lost trying to figure how to set it up.

1 Like

Feel free to open an issue on GitHub if this is a feature request.

I did almost the same thing as you did but I couldn’t get the OpenEthereum to use that new storage as it is in a docker container. I think that when I changed the location of the chain and base directory it was only in the docker container (I changed the location by adding --db-path in the env variables). Do you know how I could make the node actually use the storage outside its container?

EDIT: I did not know you could expand storage with LVM. You can ignore my question.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.