DAppNode is a FOSS (Free Open Source Software) project with the mission to create a decentralized infrastructure layer for the new internet. The goal is to provide anyone with the ability to run decentralized crypto-network nodes and participate directly in them without the need for 3rd parties. And we mean anyone, regardless of their technical level. On the other side, this helps the networks become more resilient and decentralized.
In the past year we’ve grown spectacularly in usage by becoming the easiest way to run an Eth2 validator and decentralize validation power out of staking pools and exchanges. Our focus in the next year is to build on our product and our experience with PoS in Eth2 to expand horizontally and help decentralize other networks, and vertically to offer more flexible options for Eth2 staking.
Our goal is to use technologies like Secret Shared Validators (Shamir Secret Sharing), and leverage the economy of our $NODE token to create web3-native products that strengthen the resilience and decentralization of the network while providing value to each of our Node Runners.
We are a 100% remote team which allows you to work from anywhere in the world, while meeting every year in person to create meaningful connections.
To align with our initiatives, we are looking for intrinsically motivated, love and understand the web3 space and are whole-heartedly passionate about our mission to transform decentralized ecosystem infrastructure.
We are now looking for you, a C-whiz: C for Comms and C for Community, with previous experience working in blockchain and cryptocurrency technology or participating in DAOs / Decentralized ecosystems. The ideal candidate knows their way around crypto/Open Source communities and feels comfortable with DAOs and social coordination as well as content creation.
We need a team member with innovative ideas and effective communication skills to increase value, efficiency, and quality in our organization.
- Be the brand voice for an Open Source project committed to decentralization. You will do so by interacting with users and consumers via brand handles, conceptualizing cool ways to spread our values and transmit their power.
- Drive Community Strategy
- Lead creation, conception, and presentation of community strategy to cultivate a meaningful, engaged, and growing community around the topic of decentralized organizations and their tooling
- Set policies, drive engagement, develop overall strategy and establish measurable goals for the community
- Work to build relationships with internal stakeholders in order to align our community efforts
- Translate business strategies into design opportunities, measures impact and integrates others into the work
- Find champion solutions on new ways to engage the digital community as advocates or Open Source
- Own our social channels. This entails:
- Managing our Discord by researching best practices for online communities and implementing them in the form of channel design, bots, URL and IRL meetups, and more
- Direct inquiries for technical support to their appropriate channels
- Twitter management - keeping shitposting to a minimum (a little is fine and even encouraged)!
- Content: Create, execute and evaluate our content strategy for our blog, newsletter and YouTube, partnering with other team members and external members to own a content calendar.
- Keep the pulse of the web3 zeitgeist to identify opportunities, both in communication and in culture.
- Brainstorm ideas on how to bring in more community members for the brand, across social and digital platforms, both as advocates and as DAO participants.
- Collaborate with others members to own content calendars and campaign execution
- Research, ideation, deck-making, trying other projects and writing. Lots of writing.
- You’re a community person. Able to demonstrate experience planning and leading community initiatives
- Ability to identify and track relevant community and DAO KPIs
- Proactivity is the name of the game! You are an entrepreneur in your soul. Initiative runs in your veins, and you are a hopeless optimist who believes in people’s ability to move mountains. You have no problem reaching out to other DAOs and projects and envisioning partnerships that can benefit all.
- Curiosity, Curiosity, Curiosity. Blockchain is evolving every day. You need to keep up to date with the technology. You must be a fast learner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English - you’ll be writing content and leading community calls.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Hands-on experience with social media management and knowledge of online marketing. Our values mean nothing if we can’t communicate them properly.
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field / relevant experience
- Your place in one of the most exciting and disruptive technologies landscape.
- Remote work with physical meetings with the rest of the team (as per relevant travel restrictions).
- Flexible vacation times - you choose when you take your days
- A small team:
- You’ll be a core part of the team and your opinion will have high impact
- You’ll have the opportunity to see which areas and needs open up and position yourself within the company to seize them.
- Skin in the game - you will have $NODE tokens, whose value will depend on the success of DAppNode, to turn you into a stakeholder/tokenholder!
The ecosystem of decentralized technology is quickly expanding in blockchain, Web3, node, proof-of-stake, and future unknown tools that we are in the exciting process of creating.
If you value exponential professional growth and learning about new technologies initiatives every day - this position is for you. You will have the opportunity to take part and lead - be the engine of that fantastic revolution.
We look forward to meeting you and building this new world of decentralized infrastructure together.
To apply, please send your CV (in english) to Hanners717@gmail.com and a short personal introduction. Feel free to add your github, blog, conference talks recordings or whatever you think represents your work!
We don’t care about your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, ethnicity, or who knows what. We want to empower our people to accomplish their potential, we welcome variety as a source of inspiration, and we regard it as value-added.