My Wireguard VPN Dappnode connection has stopped working (on my internal network). Trying to set up a new connection to my mobile phone connected to my wifi doesn’t work either.
When looking at the Support page, Auto Diagnose says:
X Ports have to be opened and there is no UPnP device available
- If you are capable of opening ports manually, please ignore this error
- Your router may have UPnP but it is not turned on yet. Please research if your specific router has UPnP and turn it on
My router HAS UPnP turned on.
I have restarted the router - but it did not fix the problem.
When I look at the Ports tab on the Support page, it says:
DAppNode has detected UPnP as enabled
However, when I click the UPnP scan button the Status (UPnP) ** for ALL ports says;
The VPN connectivity did work fine for a while, so clearly something has changed but what?
(I have also manually opened the 51820 UDP port on my router, but as the issues are already on my internal network that should not make any difference?)
My System Info is:
- bind.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.6
- core.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.54
- dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.49, commit: 14f56e8e
- https.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.1.3
- ipfs.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.16
- wifi.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.8
- wireguard.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.1.1
- dockerComposeVersion: 1.25.5
- dockerServerVersion: 20.10.6
- dockerCliVersion: 20.10.6
- os: debian
- versionCodename: bullseye
- architecture: amd64
- kernel: 5.10.0-9-amd64
- Disk usage: 27%
Do you have any suggestions for a solution?