Unable to download Prysm package

I’ve been unable to download the Prysm package from the Dappstore; it’s listed under “packages still propagating” for days now. Geth is completely synced, auto updates on, and tried restarting and rebooting the system. All green checks under Auto Dianose. This is what I see when I click on Prysm:

Here’s the current system info:

Core DAppNode Packages versions

• ipfs.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.14
  • wifi.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.4
  • dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.35, commit: cbd7cbcf
  • vpn.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.7, commit: 12ae223f
  • bind.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.6

System info

• docker version: Docker version 18.09.8-ce, build 0dd43dd87fd530113bf44c9bba9ad8b20ce4637f
  • docker compose version: docker-compose version 1.25.5, build unknown
  • platform: linux, x64, 5.9.0-4-amd64
  • Disk usage

Please help!

Hi @thatstoomuchman and welcome to the forum!

In addition to what we have tried on Discord, let’s try the following:

1. Add our ipfs node as a peer by clicking here.
  2. Once done, update your core packages from this link.

Let us know how it goes, and send us again the core packages versions in Support > Report :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the reponse! I’ve added the ipfs node as a peer, but the core package says it’s not compatible (see image). Should I still install it?

Sorry, I forgot to mention you need to bypass core restrictions

Unfortunately the system isn’t letting me install it. Looks like it would be a downgrade from the current version I have. See errors below:

uhm… let’s move on for a moment and try a direct link to download last prysm version.

Just click here and if you see the below screen then click on UPDATE:

Still no luck! It still says Error downloading, Maximum size exceeded.
I have 12 days before my mainnet validator activates so hopefully we can get this working by then. Thanks for your continued help!

Ok then, I think we can try another way of addressing this.

1. Set IPFS to the v0.2.12 clicking here. You may need to click on advanced and ‘bypass core restrictions’ to install this version.
  2. Once done, try a direct link to download last Prysm version by clicking here and then click on UPDATE.

Let’s hope this is the good one!! :pray:

IFPS dropped to v0.2.12, but Prysm packaging still not propogating :frowning:

What does it mean when this error appears? Is it something IFPS? I have tried reinstalling it last week but no luck.

Prysm is a multiservice package, and that’s the reason why the Maximun size...error is being thrown

Now IPFS should be working. Do you have any pending updates in http://my.dappnode/#/system/auto-updates

What are the current packages versions in http://my.dappnode/#/support/report??

Ok now I finally have some pending updates.

I’ll update these and report back.

Success! I was finally able to download Prysm from Dappstore! Thanks so much for your help!! Just for my educational benefit as a noob, was the solution downgrading the IPFS package (from 0.2.14 to 0.2.12)?
There’s a window on the bottom right that says Dappnode Core is still updating, although it’s been 2hrs. This is what I see under System Updates

Is there anything else I should watch out for? Here’s the current system info:

Core DAppNode Packages versions

• dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.37, commit: 2b96e582
  • core.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.41
  • wifi.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.5
  • ipfs.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.12
  • vpn.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.7, commit: 12ae223f
  • bind.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.6

System info

• docker version: Docker version 18.09.8-ce, build 0dd43dd87fd530113bf44c9bba9ad8b20ce4637f
  • docker compose version: docker-compose version 1.25.5, build unknown
  • platform: linux, x64, 5.9.0-4-amd64
  • Disk usage: 19%

Thank for your patience too, it has been kind of a journey to make it work haha

I’ll try to quickly sum up what I did:

1. The propagation problems are usually related to IPFS. So I tried to address that by asking you to add our node as a peer, updating the package etc
  2. In parallel we had the Maximun size...error that was related to an old version of the DAppManager. Updating the DAppManager as you did was the way to fix it. Apparently it also fixed the propagation problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.