Problem with web3signer after updating packages

I updated my packages and now I get this error message:

prysm.dnp.dappnode.eth is not available

Make sure you select an available client in the web3signer at packages > web3signer > config > Beacon Chain Consensus Layer Client

However, when I follow the path there is no option to select a client in the config section for web3signer. Could someone please tell me what I’m missing here? Thanks.

1 Like

Same problem…

I am also getting an error in the prysm client that it cannot determine if beacon chain is running.

time="2022-11-15 16:08:20" level=warning msg="Could not determine if beacon chain started" error="could not setup beacon chain ChainStart streaming client: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection error: desc = "transport: Error while dialing dial tcp 172.33.0.10:4000: connect: no route to host": could not connect" prefix=validator

Hey, I just found a solution on Discord. Go to the “Stakers” section on your Dappnode menu and select your client there. Then it should sync up after a while.

2 Likes

Thanks a ton!

Stuck on waiting for that to load -

did this take long for you?

No it didn’t take too long. Maybe exit out and try again?

one final update in case folks find this later. I did get the page to load. I needed to select the clients as mentioned, and then restart the prysm package after saving the settings.

seems to be syncing up again now and should b back online shortly :pray:

3 Likes

It is not working for me…
Dappnode demands Web3signer 0.1.4 version to work.
Latest version available on the store is 0.1.3

Is there a way to manually update web3signer package from github ? version 0.1.4 is available on github

I am unable to select an Execution Client.
I get an error

Validation error:
params|0].stakerConfig.executionClient.da should have required property 'size'

I’m facing the same issue. I added Prysm in the Stakers tab as suggested above. The beacon chain container keeps on crashing with the logs:

time="2022-11-18 13:36:51" level=error msg="error preparing to initialize genesis db state from local ssz files: error checking existence of ssz-encoded file /genesis.ssz for genesis state init: stat /genesis.ssz: no such file or directory" prefix=main

Setting the Checkpoint for fast sync in Prysm’s config tab sidestepped the genesis db state initialization. Hope this helps someone.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.