New user, setup problem from the start after install

Hello guys!
I wondered if anyone could be so kind to help me solve the starting issue i have with setting up my very own Dappnode. Note that i am new to computers and very novice.
My only project before this is setting up a Raspberry pi3 with pivpn and pihole, to connect my laptop and phone etc. Now to my issue, just as dappnode is installed and i start it up:

• To connect to your DAppNode scan the QR above or copy/paste link below into your browser:
    This site cant be reached (on both my desktop and phone using QR code and 4g net)

• ALERT: You may not be able to connect. Turn your router’s UPnP on or open the VPN port (1194/udp) manually:
    ( i had 1194/udp open for my pivpn, so i just changed the name to dappnode and gave 1194 port to dappnode IP, i also turned on UPnP )

so im stuck here, as i cant connect

UPDATE:
so i managed to find out and download the .ovpn file and connect, but i still have issues.
I disconnect to my dappnode very frequently, it starts to sync, but disconnects, and then reconnects after a while.
i get this message in my Open VPN client every couple of minutes:
Inactivity timeout (–ping-restart), restarting

if i view the log in open vpn, in the beggining i also got these errors:

WARNING: ‘link-mtu’ is used inconsistently, local=‘link-mtu 1541’, remote=‘link-mtu 1542’
WARNING: ‘comp-lzo’ is present in remote config but missing in local config, remote=‘comp-lzo’

Seems as i may have found out what i was doing wrong. I had it connecting to both my pc and phone.
When i disconnected the phone, the disconnetions stopped. I then added my phone back from the dashboard/devices and now it seems stable and im finally syncing my node :smiley:

3 Likes

Glad it got solved! Thanks for posting here so other people can use your experience to solve their problems. And welcome to the community! :heart: :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.