Core DAppNode Packages versions
- wifi.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.4
- dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.35, commit: cbd7cbcf
- core.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.39
- vpn.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.7, commit: 12ae223f
- ipfs.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.11
- bind.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.6
- docker version: Docker version 18.09.8-ce, build 0dd43dd87fd530113bf44c9bba9ad8b20ce4637f
- docker compose version: docker-compose version 1.25.5, build unknown
- platform: linux, x64, 4.19.0-8-amd64
- Disk usage: 30%
- Prysm Medalla Beacon Chain Version: 1.0.11 (v1.0.0-beta.2 upstream)
- Medalla Validator (Version: 1.0.15 (Prysm: v1.0.0-beta.2, Lighthouse: v0.3.3 upstream))
I am concerned about my low block proposal success rate in Medalla and whether it suggests I shouldn’t stake on ETH2 mainnet. I’d like to perform a check through the various network systems that might be affecting my validator’s performance but don’t have the technical expertise to know what I’m looking for.
Beaconcha.in shows 97% attestation effectiveness, and yet I’ve missed 16 of 24 block proposal opportunities, including during periods before and after the Medalla network was failing to finalize.
My machine had been periodically showing 99% CPU and memory usage during the time I’ve been running the validator package, but those numbers have come way down after I deleted the Eth2Stats Client package two days ago. I’ll keep monitoring to see whether freeing those resources improves my attestation performance, but I missed the next attestation opportunity after deleting that package so I’m concerned that wasn’t the source of the problem. Other DappNode packages appear to be working well - my full Geth node has stayed in sync during the time my attestation rate been poor.
I’m wondering whether there might be problems lurking outside my DappNode and how I might uncover them.
I’m in the US, with an Xfinity 300Mbps ISP plan, Netgear C7800 cable modem/WIFI router, which is connected directly via Ethernet cable to my DappNode Xtreme.
I don’t have technical experience troubleshooting network performance issues and I’m wondering if anyone can recommend a checklist or guide to evaluate my network environment, or even to figure out what questions I need to get answers to. For instance, should I be concerned about my ISP throttling my uploads or downloads and if so, how would I investigate whether that’s happening?
Any help is much appreciated.