How do I delete a keystore from the slashing protection database of the Web3signer?

One of my validators wasn’t making attestations for some reason, while my other validators were working fine. So I deleted the keystore in the Web3signer thinking I would just re-import the keystore and see if it will work. I didn’t download the slashing protection file because I thought that was only needed if you were importing keystores that were used on a different machine. So when I went to re-import the keystore, it said I can’t because it’s a duplicate keystore, even though it was no longer in the list of keystores. Confused about this, I did a little research and learned that my deleted keystore is still stored in the slashing protection database.

So now my validator is leaking ETH and I need to figure out a way to delete the keystore from the slashing protection database. Please help.

Core DAppNode Packages versions

• bind.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.11
  • core.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.93
  • dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.87, commit: 9c3f5420
  • https.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.1
  • ipfs.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.22
  • wifi.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.9
  • wireguard.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.1.3

System info

• dockerComposeVersion: 2.26.1
  • dockerServerVersion: 26.0.1
  • dockerCliVersion: 26.0.1
  • versionCodename: bookworm
  • architecture: amd64
  • kernel: 6.1.0-18-amd64
  • Disk usage: 34%
1 Like

I resolved this.

I went into Packages/Web3signer/Config, and in the EXTRA_OPTS field of the Web3signer section, I put in: --slashing-protection-enabled=false, then clicked Update.

This turned off slashing protection, allowing me to import my keystore, and the validator for that keystore is now making attestations.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.