How do I delete a keystore from the slashing protection database of the Web3signer?

One of my validators wasn’t making attestations for some reason, while my other validators were working fine. So I deleted the keystore in the Web3signer thinking I would just re-import the keystore and see if it will work. I didn’t download the slashing protection file because I thought that was only needed if you were importing keystores that were used on a different machine. So when I went to re-import the keystore, it said I can’t because it’s a duplicate keystore, even though it was no longer in the list of keystores. Confused about this, I did a little research and learned that my deleted keystore is still stored in the slashing protection database.

So now my validator is leaking ETH and I need to figure out a way to delete the keystore from the slashing protection database. Please help.

Core DAppNode Packages versions

• bind.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.11
  • core.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.93
  • dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.87, commit: 9c3f5420
  • https.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.1
  • ipfs.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.22
  • wifi.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.9
  • wireguard.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.1.3

System info

• dockerComposeVersion: 2.26.1
  • dockerServerVersion: 26.0.1
  • dockerCliVersion: 26.0.1
  • versionCodename: bookworm
  • architecture: amd64
  • kernel: 6.1.0-18-amd64
  • Disk usage: 34%

I resolved this.

I went into Packages/Web3signer/Config, and in the EXTRA_OPTS field of the Web3signer section, I put in: --slashing-protection-enabled=false, then clicked Update.

This turned off slashing protection, allowing me to import my keystore, and the validator for that keystore is now making attestations.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.