Dusty dappnode stuck in updating

Hi there!

back in Q1/Q2 2022 i bought a DappnodeMax and a DappNodeExtreme - the Extreme one is running like a charm since then. I want to undust the Max-version as a last-resort failover now - unfortunatelly it is unable to update the core…

in Support > Activity I get messages like this:

Error: Can't download dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth image: Downloaded image from QmVXCDhY2NSVjgQ2r3iBWgTgtyN5Ujjmn86ggdex6dqfsc to /usr/src/app/DNCORE/dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth_0.2.70-QmVXCDhY2NSVjgQ2r3iBWgTgtyN5Ujjmn86ggdex6dqfsc.tar.xz failed validation: Invalid .xz: Command failed: xz -t /usr/src/app/DNCORE/dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth_0.2.70-QmVXCDhY2NSVjgQ2r3iBWgTgtyN5Ujjmn86ggdex6dqfsc.tar.xz
xz: /usr/src/app/DNCORE/dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth_0.2.70-QmVXCDhY2NSVjgQ2r3iBWgTgtyN5Ujjmn86ggdex6dqfsc.tar.xz: Unexpected end of input

at /usr/src/app/webpack:/@dappnode/dappmanager/src/modules/release/getImage.ts:39:11
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)

{
  "name": "core.dnp.dappnode.eth",
  "version": "0.2.75",
  "userSettings": {},
  "options": {}
}

I am more than happy to just factory-reset and start from the very beginning - unfortunatelly I don’t have access to the USB stick that was delivered for that purpose… Is there any other way for me to proceed?

thanks in advance
schuppi

Core DAppNode Packages versions

• bind.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.6
  • core.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.54
  • dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.49, commit: 14f56e8e
  • https.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.1.3
  • ipfs.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.16
  • vpn.dnp.dappnode.eth:
  • wifi.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.8
  • wireguard.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.1.1

System info

• dockerComposeVersion: 1.25.5
  • dockerServerVersion: 20.10.6
  • dockerCliVersion: 20.10.6
  • versionCodename: bullseye
  • architecture: amd64
  • kernel: 5.10.0-9-amd64
  • Disk usage: 24%

Somtimes changing from a local IPFS repository to a remote repository will cause it to get unstuck.

Go to Repository → IPFS and select the “Remote” option, then click “Change”

See that that allows it to download the files.

thanks a lot @GBeast - this indeed helped :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.