Stuck on loading vpn parameters

have had the same issues with nuc 10 - but am using the supposedly compatible version recently released. Has anyone solved this without installing linus and then dappnode on top of it?

solved this by flashing the NUC with ethernet connected! docs dont say anywhere that it must be connected via ethernet and not wifi despite input of wifi name and pass in the setup process

still cant download qr linked file but poco a poco…

1 Like

NUC 10 process that solved it for me:

Dappnode must be flash installed with ethernet hardwire connection, not wifi

npv config file must be downloaded while connected to dappnode wifi

1 Like

This solved the issue for me. Once I plugged in Ethernet I was able to receive the VPN link. Now I am stuck on the link not opening on my windows 10 machine. I tried to connect using the DAppNode wifi but I am unsure what steps to take once I connect to the WiFi network.

Thank you @connor

I’ve just rebuilt my system using a wired connection and that allows VPN info to be discplayed.

1 Like

Hi Krypton, and welcome to our community!!

Regarding your concerns about the VPN link, have you tried to open it in more than one browser? If this does no solve it, please report a screenshot so we can have a look at it.

Connecting through Wifi will solve the issue as long as you are under its coverage, you just need to follow the steps in https://welcome.dappnode.io/.

Let us know about your progress! :wink:

Hello ruvenni,
Thanks for your reply. I am still not able to download the ovpn config file with any of my devices using multiple browsers. I need to try checking the settings in my router I guess.
I was able to connect to my DAppNodeWIFI network and access the admin UI that way. However, as requested in the security section, I changed the SSID and password and the new WiFi network is not showing up. I cannot connect back to the UI through the WiFi because I do not see the SSID that I changed to.

Solved my problem. I simply had to restart the DAppNode box to update the new Wifi settings. The new SSID is showing now.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.